onsdag 21 april 2010

Music - what’s that all about?

Do we need music? Would we be better off without it? If you ask me, of course NOT!!!

There are some scientists that have, seriously, come to a conclusion that music is not needed for the Homo sapiens well being. What a load of bollocks!!! I say if we had more understanding about what music really does for your mind and body, there would be less trouble in the world.

On a theoretical level you could say that something is really happening to your body when you surround it with music. I think it may be related to the physiological - the brainwave patterns we experience when performing different activities. The easy examples would be Alpha, Beta and Theta waves during different stages of relaxation and sleep and dreaming. I think it’s likely that at least to some extent, music "strikes a chord" so to speak, with some of these, it’s almost like musical hypnosis.
Music is the “language of the Soul”. It's an emotion, only you're “hearing” it. Do you know what I mean?
Music is a fantastic consistent of resonance, vibration and carrier waves. Music, at least temporarily, increases our emotional Intelligence, no question about that!

So, why do we listen to different types of music during various moods?
Why does music uplift us, or depress us?
The questions are many and I will haunt them all down, that is my quest. And I love you to join me.

I will from now on add a tune every time I write here. Then I want you to “really” listen to that particularly tune without a preset opinion or thought. I will pick songs from all kinds of genres. My hope is that, regardless your own taste of music, there’s always something good in a song, as long as it’s well performed. And I want you to find it for your own amusement.

So the first tune out is – a classical one – W.A. Mozart : concerto pour piano no. 21 KV467 (II) in the hands of Geza Anda on piano. Close your eyes and enjoy.
See ya’ll next time with some hard core music and the quest continues…

Hugs from me
Apollon

4 kommentarer:

  1. A really really beautiful piece of music and very relaxing.
    But everytime I hear it I think about a ski jumping accident I saw on TV when I was a child :) They were playing this during the break in the competition while the ambulance was getting the guy.
    Most of my favourite music are forever bounded with a certain feeling or happening.
    I look forward to your next choise.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Lendi, your feelings about this piece of music is a very common thing. We do have certain memories attached to them, it's inevdible.

    For me, it was a funeral of a dear person, when I last heard this tune, and even though it was very beautiful, it will always have a sadness in every note.

    But still, I love to "see" it from a different angle, and try to embrace the song from a different mood.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts
    hugs
    Apollon

    SvaraRadera
  3. psst. now I've learned, sorry about that

    SvaraRadera